Complaints about fundraising
The Knoll Gardens Foundation is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and as such, we abide by the regulator’s Fundraising Promise and follow a robust and transparent Fundraising Complaints Procedure.
We will acknowledge in writing any complaint or query about fundraising within 14 days of the complaint or query being received.
We will advise you of the outcome of our investigation within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of our investigation, you may contact the Fundraising Regulator and refer your complaint to them within two months of our response.
You can send your complaint using the Fundraising Regulator’s online complaints form or in writing to:
CAN Mezzanine Building
49-51 East Road
If you need advice, or are unable to complain in writing for any reason, you can call the Fundraising Regulator on 0300 999 3407
The regulator will investigate the complaint and try to resolve it with all parties concerned. The time taken to investigate will depend on the complexity of the case, however, they aim to complete investigations within 13 weeks of receipt. The Fundraising Regulator has the discretion to specify that either no further action is appropriate or to censure a charity and prescribe one or more sanctions.
We keep a record of the complaint, which includes:
- A copy of the complaint
- Details of the Code or section of the Fundraising Promise it is believed has been breached
- The date we received the complaint
- A copy of all the communications in connection with the complaint
- Details of the investigation we have undertaken into the complaintWe ensure appropriate information is provided to the Fundraising Regulator regarding complaints received by the Charity.
If you wish to make a complaint about our fundraising, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: 01202 873931
Knoll Gardens Foundation
Our fundraising promise
As a charity registered with the Fundraising Regulator we abide by the Fundraising Promise and agree to ensure our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful. The standards for fundraising are set out in the Code of Fundraising Practice.
We will commit to high standards
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We will be clear, honest & open
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will be able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We will be respectful
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We will be fair & reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We will be accountable & responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We will have a complaints procedure, a copy of which will be available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.